Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Days

There's something about a snow day that makes me feel like a child again.  Not sure if it's the big fluffy flakes that turn to crystal on the window panes or the feelilng like everything is pure and new again.  Today I could see nothing but white as I looked out my window and it put me in a very nostalgic mood. 

I know the neighborhood kids were grateful for a romp and sled ride.  I even saw a dog running and playing, trying to catch a snowflake or too and it made me laugh outloud.  How good it feels to laugh outloud, even when I'm alone.

So, I grabbed me a big mug of hot chocolate, added in the overflowing pre-requisite load of marshmallows and just looked at the bright splendor of it.  Taking a few minutes just to marvel at the beauty of nature was a wonderful break in my day.  Clears the mind and the soul.

For those of you living in warmer climates - yes I long to join you there. But today, with the beauty that I see, I know I won't long for the summer just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MIGHTY INSPIRATION

Welcome! You will find here ideas, musings, encouragement and updates based on my life as a Christian author, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I invite you to comment and join me in the journey to creating a world that is better for those we know and love, as well as those our words and work touch around the world.