Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who Do You Inspire?

In my work as a Human Resources Manager for a large corporation I tend to meet alot of people. A whole lot. When I add in the work I do as a Myers-Briggs certified trainer, I meet a bunch more. Every once in a while I meet someone who absolutely, hands-down inspires me. It's electric and enchanting when it happens!

I've been thinking about what it is that touches me so much about these people and I think I finally figured it out - because they are all about making the lives of others better. Simple isn't it. They don't even do it in big, grand or sweeping ways - they do it in everyday life. They are easy to talk to. They are genuine in their concern for those that don't even usually have a voice in the matter. They are humble and kind. They aren't donating wings of hospitals. (Don't get me wrong - that's pretty spectacular!) But the people that truly inspire me are the ones that make me happy to be me and happy to know them. Which is pretty much the basis for love - love grows when we are happy to be ourselves with someone else.

Simple ... simple ... simple.

I wonder, just wonder, if I am ever the person who inspires another. Do I measure myself against the right success criteria? Do I make them happy to be who they are when they are with me? Am I self-aware enough to notice?

If you want to see someone who I think is inspiring by venturing to spread smiles, peace and happiness in these difficult and worrisome times - check out Paul Wesselman and his uRock campaign. And then, check out this video on youTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MIGHTY INSPIRATION

Welcome! You will find here ideas, musings, encouragement and updates based on my life as a Christian author, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I invite you to comment and join me in the journey to creating a world that is better for those we know and love, as well as those our words and work touch around the world.