Monday, April 20, 2009

Friendship

I am amazed at the blessings of friendship I have received over the years. As a child growing up in an orphanage (age 3-8) I thought making friends was the scariest thing because none of them ever lasted. Grade school and high school brought a smattering of friends but alas none of them seemed to stick either. I often thought I was destined to be one of those people who was always looking in from the outside. Sad but don't feel sorry for me - I just needed time to grow up and "see" what I really have.

What I've learned is that I don't have to define friendship the old way. I have true, lasting, wonderful friends that I have kept through moves around the world and across town. I approach life differently now. And when I talk to those friends either by email, phone, letter, Christmas card, or Facebook I find that my bond with them hasn't changed. That's because now I define friendship not by the day-to-day intertwining of our lives (although that's a blessing when I have it as well), but rather as a heart-twining that time and space doesn't have the ability to affect.

I love my friends and I truly thank God each day that they have been an integral part of my life. So for today, here's a shout out to my long-distance and short-distance friends. I love you all - and yes, you know who you are!

May today be blessed and tomorrow be better!
Hugs all around,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

MIGHTY INSPIRATION

Welcome! You will find here ideas, musings, encouragement and updates based on my life as a Christian author, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I invite you to comment and join me in the journey to creating a world that is better for those we know and love, as well as those our words and work touch around the world.