Saturday, April 11, 2009

Feed your spirit for Easter!

I was just listening to my favorite Christian radio station online and realized that this is probably one of my favorite ways to "feed my spirit". There is something about music that changes my connection to my emotions. It can mellow me out or it can fire me up in a 3 minute time frame. I never really thought about Christian music until I lived in a little town called Connersville, IN about 16 years ago. I'm not much of a country girl so the atmosphere was just ok. But I found in that little town a group of believers. We had weekly Bible study at a friend's home and the house was always filled with the sounds of music - good, uplifting, Christian music. It started my love for this type of music. I listened to it all the time. Then when I came back to Cincinnati and life got busy and my kids turned to teens I listened to what they were listening to. I enjoyed some of it, was shocked by much of it. I certainly provided my "2 cents" worth of opinion on it and banned quite a few things. What a waste of music!

Last year when I had an incredibly spiritual experience and captured it in my book, MIGHTY INSPIRATION: Love Letters from God, I felt my heart shift back toward what feeds my spirit. Now, it's virtually all I listen to. I'm thankful to have this station in my town. They sing me to and from work and fill my life with reminders of what is great and how we can all make a difference in this world. What a blessing.

So, for this Easter, as you go about your day enjoying the eggs, the candy, the kids, the beauty of spring I wish for you a blessing of music to feed your spirit!

May God bless you!
Barb

http://www.eloquentbooks.com/MightyInspirationLoveLettersFromGod.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

MIGHTY INSPIRATION

Welcome! You will find here ideas, musings, encouragement and updates based on my life as a Christian author, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I invite you to comment and join me in the journey to creating a world that is better for those we know and love, as well as those our words and work touch around the world.